Sunday, January 11, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Slow Cooker Pork Loin

The trouble with all these meat recipes now that Mark and I live together alone is that there are days when I have only one person's opinion to base blog posts off.  And so for this recipe, I am not sure what to say.  Mark didn't love it, but couldn't put his finger on why.  He just said it wasn't the best.  That's about the extent of what I got out of him.

It wasn't a regular recipe, but that was what I liked about it: you make slices in the pork loin and slide apple slices into the cuts.  Then it gets drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon, and onions get laid on top.  That's it; set it and forget it.  I was intrigued by the sweet and savory idea, and of course by how easy it was.  I did notice that there was no salt, and I would probably add that next time (although there probably won't be a next time since Mark didn't love it and I won't be eating it myself).  I did pair it with some lovely mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts.

Again, I am not sure if this was a total fail or if maybe just Mark wasn't a fan.  I had no idea whether I should even share it!  I decided to let you be the judge yourself.  If you try this, please let me know if it's good or not!

Recipe:

apple cinnamon slow cooker pork loin
from Rachel Schultz

Ingredients:
3 pound pork loin
1 apple, sliced
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 yellow onion, sliced

Instructions:

1) Slice slits into pork loin horizontally about 3/4 of the way through meat.  Fill each slit with an apple slice and drizzle honey over the top.

2) Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Transfer pork to slow cooker.  Layer onions on top.

3) Cook on low 3 - 4 hours.  Serve.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I made this and it was a HUGE hit in my house. Kids and adults. The original recipe I found did not include onions, but I used them. Duh - gotta have onions with apples and pork!

    ReplyDelete