Sunday, August 16, 2015

Texas Burgers

I was a little disappointed when the entire July/August issue of Food Network Magazine was called the ultimate burger issue.  As a vegetarian, I wasn't thrilled!  But my family was pretty pumped.  And even I had to admit that something called Texas burgers was interesting.  There is an article with bunch of mini recipes on how to spice up your burgers to match up with different states (for example, our little MA burger had baked beans on top!)  Kenzie and I thought that the Texas burger sounded great: burgers topped with chili, cheddar cheese, and crushed Fritos! To make it even more Texas-y, the burger buns are swapped out for Texas toast, which I already told you I love.

I made mine with a veggie burger and Kenzie and Nick used beef, and I used my black bean chili  while they used a can, but we all thought Texas burgers are a great idea.  The Fritos add the perfect crunch and the chili and cheese complement each other wonderfully.  These are definitely good for a quick dinner, and they're a great way to use up leftover chili!  Since it's not so much a recipe as it is an idea, I won't post amounts.  The beauty of this is that you can whip up one for yourself, or more for a crowd.  Use as much or as little of each ingredient as you want.

Recipe:

Texas burgers
from July/August issue of Food Network Magazine 

Texas toast + burger + chili + cheddar cheese + Fritos!

No comments:

Post a Comment